Wednesday 15 August 2018

FEATURING NOXOLO "NOXX" ZONDI



1.  Who is Noxolo “Noxx” Zondi?

Noxolo Zondi is a simple girl with big dreams from the rural of Empangeni (Enqoleni)..  I’m ambitious , I’m a go getter, I make sure I follow my dreams, I’m not afraid to dream big. I am a believer. I’m very giving & caring’ .
I’m 27 years old, I own a Makeup business NoxxBeautyStudio which is running as NoxxMakeupartist,  I have over 5years experience , I travel all over the country offering Professional Makeup services as well as Makeup lessons.
-->

2.  What peeked your interest towards being a make-up artist? 

When I started working in the beauty industry, I fell in-love with makeup & that is when i realized that I want to do this as a career.

3.  Tell us more about your typical day 

Well I work on my own and I have my studio in my apartment, so mostly I wake up, do errands around the house, and its either I am doing a shoot with my models or I am out looking for new makeup products because cosmetic companies are always releasing something new. So, on a typical day, I am either working with my models, checking out new makeup products or I am traveling for work.

4.  Can you tell us more about your company?

NoxxBeautyStudio is my company (an umbrella) & NoxxMakeupArtist is a leg, it offers professional makeup services & personalized makeup lessons. I have a mini makeup studio & in the long run I'll have stores nationwide.

5.  What is the best part of your work?

The best part about my work is that every day I wake up and do what I love, that feeling is so fulfilling, that is the best part because I do not drag myself to work, I love what I do; also traveling, when I was a child I never got to travel, but now I have all the chance in the world to see other places, but mostly, I do what I love every single day.

6.  How/where do you see yourself/your work in the next 3/5 years from now? 

In the next 5 years I see myself as a successful business woman, I see my company growing to a point that I have beauty studios in different parts of the country. Being a successful motivational speaker. I also see myself on the cover of Forbes magazine, I see myself with my first book, traveling the world and promoting my book, meeting other inspirational and successful women. I see myself rich at heart and rich financially.

7.  What are the challenges that you have faced when starting up?

I was so scared starting this business, I wanted to start it in 2013 but only started it in 2015, traveling was a mission because I did not have a car, I was using taxis with my kit, sleeping over at my clients, I would come back really drained and the only thing that kept me going was my goal and dream, and seeing myself where I am now. The pricing, traveling and sometimes clients would give me problems, but the fact that I was doing what I love made it so much easier.

8.  Is traveling to clients easier than setting up a physical shop?

Either or, because if you set up a shop, you save a lot on travel cost and if you travel to client you charge for travel expenses.

9.  What marketing tools do you utilize?

Social media; we are so fortunate to be living in an era where social media is so huge, so mostly I use Instagram and twitter.

10. Who is your inspiration/role models? 

I find inspiration everywhere, from everyone, who is focused, who is a go getter, who is not afraid to try, who is not afraid to fail when they try and who is not afraid to be comfortable at being uncomfortable.
.
11. What is your favorite holiday spot/food/gadget? 

I love Sea food, I love uphuthu nobhontshisi, jeqe and tripe. Fav holiday destination is Cape Town.

12. What are your favorite childhood memories?

Going to church with my grandmother, it was not rosy but I was so happy. Even today the only place that calms me down is back home Enqoleni.

13. If you were a cartoon character, which character would you be?

I do not watch cartoons hahaha.

14. What has been your biggest career highlight?

A lot of things have happened but being an award-winning makeup artist just after I had started my business was a big thing for me, till today I still appreciate that moment, I am so grateful.

15. What advice would you give to up and coming make-up artists? 

Don’t look at someone else or other people and what they are doing, focus on you and your ideas. If someone comes and competes with you, do not mind them just focus on where you are going. If you see someone do what you wanted to do as part of your goals, carry on with it, it doesn’t matter, what matters is that you need to reach your goals.

16. What colour is your toothbrush? 

My toothbrush is pink.

17. Messy or neat freak? 

I am a neat freak.
 
18. Which shoe do you wear first when dressing up, left or right? 

I wear the right shoe.

19. What is your most embarrassing moment?

Nothing comes to mind.

20. If this is our last ever conversation, what words of wisdom would you leave me with?

Stay persistent, stay hungry, keep on working because one day it will all pay off, and you will look back and think of all the hard work that yo have done and it will be all worth it.

Social Media

Twitter: @Noxx031
Instagram: Noxx_Zondi

3 comments:

  1. The beauty of an open minded women...this is the kind of womens we need in this world...stay blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful to do training with you at Noxxmakeup I have learned so much and God bless you what a go getter what a motivation to young people specially to me

    ReplyDelete