Sunday 22 March 2015

Featuring Lihle Qwabe


Good morning and happy Monday Risers, today we bring you the lovely and talented Ms Lihle Qwabe  who took time out to answer our very much ridiculous questions :). If you havent heard check out her website link below to listen to her hot single Uphul'inhliziyo yami.



Who is Lihle Qwabe?

Pinky Thembelihle Qwabe better known as "Lihle Qwabe" is a creative soul who's passionate about music, acting, writing and dancing. She's a dramatic arts graduate from the Durban University of Technology. She's an afro jazz, Neo-Soul vocalist.

What do you do?

I am a vocalist and actress and a contemporary dancer. I'm also a photographer. I write quite a lot as well be it music, short stories or screen and theatre scripts.

What made you choose the career that you are doing now?

My talent made me choose it. The love for stage and the love of being able to express myself with this form of medium. I chose this career because I believe I have a lot to share with the world. Our African stories should be told by us Africans whether it’s through music, acting or dancing.

Tell us more about your typical day?

My typical day begins with me just getting up and checking my diary. Listening to some music. Depends on the day. Some days are dedicated to me writing, some rehearsing, playing my guitar, jogging, reading, studio time and of course work.  

Tell us about the best part of your work.

Being on stage is the best part. Being able to share my talent and connecting with the audience is such a priceless feeling.

How do you prepare for a performance?

I rehearse, a lot. Funny enough I never forget to compile an outfit for a performance. I love looking good on stage.

How/where do you see yourself/your work in the next 3 / 5 years from now

In 3 years I see myself completing my second degree and by the 5th year I see myself being a well known performing artist. Traveling around Africa , Europe more specifically Germany. I see myself writing and composing music that speaks to the world and not just to South Africans. I see myself being able to inspire young women all over the world. I'm one person who loves doing things that involve people and things that benefit them at the same time.

What songs best describes your work ethic?

Mmm this one is quite tricky. My work ethic is based on how I want to be an inspiration and how I want to have a better future. I listen to songs from Brenda Fassie, Ma Miriam Makeba and there's this lady I love so much "Nomfusi- Nonzokolo" I absolutely love this song. It keeps me going and it keeps me pushing. It says that no matter how your background is it’s up to you to be a living success. I'm just one of those people who never had a lavish life but I made sure that I work hard in order to take myself out of that situation. I believe in hard work, talent and passion will never sustain you if you don't work hard.

What is the craziest thing you have ever done?

Leaving my hometown Durban with just my suitcase full of dreams, not even knowing the outcome, but thank God it all went well and God has always came through for me.

What is your least favorite thing about humanity?

Besides the fact that they are killing each other all over the world, I really love analyzing them and finding out what makes them so unique and what makes them tick.

Favorite toothpaste?

Mentadent

If you were 80 years old, what would you tell your children?

I would tell them that God is real.

What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?

Hahaha the funny things that happen to me are embarrassing so no I'll refrain from answering this question for now.

Which planet would you live in if not Earth?

Because of my star sign I'd say Venus and because its the second planet from Earth

Are you messy or a neat freak? 
Neat freak, but I'm able to tone it down when I'm around messy people

Are you a night owl or morning person?

I'm in between. I stay up really late and enjoy getting up early in the Morning.

If you were a musical instrument, what instrument would you be?
Saxophone.

If you were having a dinner party and could invite three famous people, who would they be?

Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Ringo Madlingozi

What irritates you the most?

Unreliable people, unprofessional people, people who blame the government for everything.

What is your favorite holiday spot/food/gadget?

My dream is to visit Cape Town one day.,not on a work trip or anything, just a holiday. Paris mmmm now that's a dream and a half. I'm not a food person but I enjoy a lot of protein food, I absolutely love Veggies

What is your most embarrassing moment?

When I was getting ready for a performance and my pants just bailed on me. The zipper snapped but luckily my sister had another per of pants for me" death"

Last gift you gave someone?

A cell phone

If this is our last ever conversation, what words of wisdom would you leave me with?

Plan your future. Live your life and don't let anyone else stand in your way. Be unique but most importantly be yourself and be proud of being the person that you are. The guy had no limits so go beyond it.




1 comment:

  1. Strong woman and humble wish u all the best in all u do. Gumede wena kaMalandela phakathwayo

    ReplyDelete