Friday 9 May 2014

Thapelo Naked-Soul Tharaga

Good morning and a good Friday to all, I apologize for the silence but things have been real hectic. Today I bring you a poet that has been featured before, just can not get enough of his work, as a peace offering we are publishing two poems from Naked-Soul. Please enjoy the read and have a beautiful weekend

Poetry Shall Live

Dark skins tainted with Beliefs that light is a superior colour, black minds manifested with white poison saying they are incapable of reaching their own. If they could we can, if they did we will. It all depends on the hunger we bestow within our souls, the urge of being greater beings than the fallen generations and simply being poets of the next generation! We shall not fade in the midst of our own beliefs... We shall not die in the eyes of our own craft... Only we will continue drafting our thoughts into paper and utter them so loud they will sound like bells of a forbidden city! Poetry shall live I say...
Poetry shall live! 

A Broken Hearted Soul


A poem takes refuge in a broken heart, words reside under the shattered pieces of the heart. The ink as my tears, the tube as my veins, 
I stab the paper with a pen hoping it will bleed a poem! 

Sometimes I ask myself?... Why should I take solace in writing? Why recite in a sanctuary I never spent a night in? How do I breath through this tube inside a Pen?...well "I'm a Writer not A fighter, an artist not a volunteer .

When the soul craves, my rigid hands also long to take a knife, draw spoken pictures into paper and let my mouth spit the blood of the words I wrote! Because I'm a writer not a fighter, an artist not a poet 

A Broken hearted poet, often writes tiny sonnets but I'm a prophet of the spoken word and I saw the light while day dreaming at night! 
Call me a writer not a fighter,a poet not an orphan!!!


#DareToDoGeneration

No comments:

Post a Comment